Your DJ, in the mix
Who is this doin’ this synthetic type o’ alpha beta psychedelic funkin’?
Elektrobank by The Chemical Brothers
Slide & Simple's Very Good Friday with Tom Middleton
James Weston's mix recorded live in April 2007
'twas a very Good Friday and a beautiful Easter weekend, so here's a recording of it to ease you into the 4-day week ahead. It's a live-recorded warm-up set so it starts off light and builds and builds to some squelchy goodness; featuring the likes of Jacob London, Inland Knights, Lee Mortimer, Jesse Rose, Discouraged Ones, Hervé, Sound Republic, Trevor Loveys and of course, Style of Eye :) This seamless mix of music took place roughly between 23:00-00:30 on 6th April 2007 at The Zodiac in Oxford.
- 000:00 Demarkus Lewis - Swung Low [Miles' low swung mix] (Fazed Music)
- 004:30 Budai & Vic feat. Julio - I Feel You Closer [Natasza & Oscarsix remix] (I Love Deep)
- 008:13 Gawron Paris - Don't Stop Dis (Nordic Trax)
- 015:32 Jacob London - I Love Pressure Washing (Titbit Music)
- 019:22 Maluando - Tekyfunk, On (Bros Music)
- 024:45 Eri Nobuchika - I Hear Music in My Soul [Mutiny's special edition remix] (Sony)
- 029:30 Inland Knights - Wait a While (Drop Music)
- 034:38 Lee Mortimer - Dat Thing (white)
- 040:08 2020 Soundsystem - Can't Stop the Crew [Jesse Rose main dub] (2020 Vision)
- 043:43 Discouraged Ones - Kamasutra (Funkfield)
- 048:34 The Bulgarian - Loop Poop (Second Session)
- 053:09 Hervé - What You Need The Most (Dubsided)
- 057:15 The Bald & The Beautiful - Double Dutchin' (Odori)
- 061:15 Sound Republic & J Todd - Imaginary Lover (Spatula)
- 065:21 Chuck Love with Fourfeet - Beautiful Thang [Trevor Loveys' tenderloin tug & rub mix] (Om)
- 069:40 Paul Johnson - Hot [Nicolas Vallee remix] (Black Jack)
- 073:37 Style of Eye - U Want [Style of Eye Bumpdub] (Bump Music)
Disclaimer: free dj mix downloads on this site are strictly for educational use in order to audition James’s technical ability, style and selection as a specialist underground House Music Disc Jockey. The files on offer are not meant as a distribution of copyrighted works and are presented in such a way that individual tracks cannot be extracted. Track lists here serve to credit and promote the featured artists’ work, and encourage the legal purchase of individual tracks.