Your DJ, in the mix
Who is this doin’ this synthetic type o’ alpha beta psychedelic funkin’?
Elektrobank by The Chemical Brothers
Live at Simple pres. Ejeca and Friend Within
A DJ set recorded live in October 2013 for Simple in Oxford
Hot off the recorder, my set recorded live at Simple on Saturday, 12 October 2013 where I played a peak-time set later that night between 1-2am after Friend Within and before Ejeca in The Bullingdon backroom at Art Bar in Oxford, UK.
Just up-front House music throughout, save one record from 1996 I dug out of storage that was inspired by a mix Kim Ann Foxmann put together for BBC Radio 1's Residency with Heidi recently which features the same record. See if you can spot it. To be frank, it should be obvious because it doesn't sit too well juxtaposed with crisp digital tracks.
I was told on the night that my set was quite funky. Is Funky House back? Who knows, but Ejeca did finish the night with Byron Stingily's classic Get Up, also from 1996. Viiiiibes.
Buy and/or download tracks featured in this mix
- Pezzner - All Night Dancing Party (Systematic) download
- Wastedpeople feat. Joseph Marciel - She's Playing Hard To Get [M In & Gunman remix] (Crossworld Vintage) download
- Nikola Baytala & Myles Egner - Zero $ [Catz 'n Dogz remix] (Pets Recordings) download
- Dansson - Tryla [Jesse Rose re-fix] (Play It Down)
- Wildchild - Jump To My Beat (Hi-Life) download
- Leon Vynehall - Brother (Aus) download
- Mendoza - Phantasy [Vanilla Ace remix] (No Brainer) download
- Panos & Sentenza feat. J Expo - French 75 [Leftwing & Kody remix] (Off) download
- Wordlife - Breakthrough [Kyodai remix] (Club Mod) download
- Novalima - Mamaye [Seiji remix] (Wonderwheel) download
- Them Jeans - Git It [Kolombo remix] (Off)
Disclaimer: free dj mix downloads on this site are strictly for educational use in order to audition James’s technical ability, style and selection as a specialist underground House Music Disc Jockey. The files on offer are not meant as a distribution of copyrighted works and are presented in such a way that individual tracks cannot be extracted. Track lists here serve to credit and promote the featured artists’ work, and encourage the legal purchase of individual tracks.