Your DJ, in the mix
Who is this doin’ this synthetic type o’ alpha beta psychedelic funkin’?
Elektrobank by The Chemical Brothers
Live at The Simple Weekender
A DJ set recorded live in August 2014 for Simple in a meadow near Thame
On a Friday in August. At 1am. In a meadow. Bashing them out! Thanks, Nick, Tom. Thank you, party people of The Simple Weekender.
This one builds to bring in some tough tech tracks, dipping slightly midway with a sprinkling of acid and then teching it back up. 126BPM, rough & ready (probably should have had fewer beers!), with crowd ambience mixed in.
This was The Simple Weekender's second year and by all accounts a great success with everyone. It's an intimate, stripped, back-to-basics festival. No fuss, no sponsors; preferring to focus on local music and local party-goers. I love it, and long may it continue. I was asked to play 1-2am on the main stage (The Dome) on Friday night, a privilege I'm very grateful for, and this is the result. Enjoy x
Buy and/or download tracks featured in this mix
- 000:00 Da Posse - In The Heat Of The Night [Jimpster stretchdit] (Freerange) download
- 003:59 Nolan - Inside [Telonius remix] (Sex Panda White) download
- 007:33 Cozzy D - 4D [Trikk re-dub] (Lower East) download
- 011:52 Mr. Gasparov - Ground (Dissipate) download
- 016:18 Waze & Odyssey - Everything (You're Made Of) (W&O Street Tracks) download
- 019:51 Taras Van De Voorde - Chasing Autumns (Suara) download
- 024:56 Chesus - Decisions (4lux Black) download
- 030:16 Jetloud & Artem Rubtsov - ICQ [Cave Sedem remix] (Dextrous Deep) download
- 035:55 The Subs feat. Colonel Abrams - Trapped [Ashworth remix] (Lektroluv) download
- 040:29 Nicholas - The Music Lives [bonus beats one] (Home Taping Is Killing Music) download
- 042:31 Cristoph - Guffaz (DFTD) download
- 048:52 Nathan Barato - Back Up Queen (Rekids) download
- 053:03 Nikola Gala - Get Your Soul Back (Metropolitan) download
- 059:17 Pezzner - I Don't Mind (Systematic) download
Disclaimer: free dj mix downloads on this site are strictly for educational use in order to audition James’ technical ability, style and selection as a specialist underground House Music Disc Jockey. The files on offer are not meant as a distribution of copyrighted works and are presented in such a way that individual tracks cannot be extracted. Track lists here serve to credit and promote the featured artists’ work, and encourage the legal purchase of individual tracks.